Healing Generations for Generations of Healing®
The Parrish Health
Village is the first healthcare environment of its kind to combine evidence-based healing design with historic preservation. Healing environments must be consistent with and reflective of the region’s culture—the values, beliefs and philosophies of the community being served. Introducing the element of historic preservation deepens this cultural connection with the community and serves to enhance the healing experience. The entire project is designed in keeping with 19th century period architecture—you feel as if you have stepped through time. Inside the Parrish Health Village buildings you will find medically sophisticated programs and services designed especially for older adults that are anything but old fashioned.
Three of the community’s most notable historic houses have been beautifully renovated and are prominently positioned at the entrance of The Health Village to create a sense of charm, dignity and grace. Their functions include:
- Philanthropy House
- Carey's Guest House, featuring three suites for overnight stays
- Heritage Hall—a meeting place for health and wellness seminars and workshops
Parrish Health Village programs include:
- Parrish Senior Consultation Center, specializing in geriatric medicine led by a fellowship-trained, board-certified geriatric medicine physician
- Parrish Senior Solutions —a personalized referral and resource service led by an experienced elder-care case manager who will connect you with trusted resources, such as home care, assisted living, financial planning, and adult day care among others
- Parrish Diabetes Education —offers a full service educational and support program that will include an intensive insulin management program, nutritional counseling, continuous glucose monitoring, and renal disease medical nutritional therapy.
Additionally, the Parrish Health Village (east end) is home to a new service, Parrish Center for Lifelong Health, which features a variety of services designed to help individuals with one or more chronic health conditions to achieve and maintain their best health. Retail stores, such as a medical equipment store, a healthy eatery and others, as well as a beautiful park, complete with a grand pavilion perfect for picnics are also planned as part of the Health Village.