Student Experiences at Parrish Medical Center
Parrish Medical Center is committed to providing educational opportunities to students in our community while protecting the interests and rights of the hospital’s consumers, and the fiscal, operational, and liability interests of the hospital. All students placed at Parrish Medical Center (and our off site facilities) must be properly authorized and oriented prior to their experience.
The Service and People Excellence Department serves as the initial point of contact for all student experiences. The student experiences available at Parrish Medical Center are listed below. More information related to these experiences and the criteria for consideration for each experience can be found in our Student Guidelines [PDF]
- Career Exploration (Shadow/Observation)
- Internship (Externship/Practicum)
- Clinical Rotation
An affiliation agreement between the institution and hospital is required for all internship and clinical rotation experiences. More information related to affiliation agreements can be found in our Academic Affiliation Guidelines [PDF]
Anyone interested in a student experience at Parrish Medical Center should:
- Review the PMC Student Guidelines [PDF]
- Download & complete the Student Application [Word Doc]. Email completed application to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed within ten days. If you do not receive a response after ten days, please contact the Service and People Excellence/Education Department at 321-268-6195.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by email of the date and time of your experience. Prior to your experience, you will need to:
Review and complete the Non-PMC Employee Orientation packet [PDF]
. Pages 16-18 of the packet need to be completed and turned in prior to your scheduled experience.
- Review and complete the Non-PMC Employee
- Adhere to the PMC dress code and wear a badge at all times while at PMC for your student experience. PMC dress code is outlined in the orientation packet. School badges or PMC issued badges are acceptable.
- Park in the South parking lot [PDF].
- Arrive at least 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. If you cannot make your scheduled time, please contact the Service and People Excellence/Education Department at 321-268-6195.