There is no greater gift than the gift of life. Parrish Medical Center blood drives are held every eight weeks by Florida's Blood Centers of Orlando, FL. FBC supplies the blood to ALL the hospitals in Brevard County plus most of Central Florida. The mobile comes to PMC every eight weeks.
Blood drives are usually on Thursdays. Donors can give blood between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check the PMC blood drive schedule below for specific dates.
Did you know that...
- Every three seconds an American needs a pint of blood?
- Sixty percent of the population is eligible to donate but only five percent do.
- Each donation can save three lives because the blood is separated into three components.
- Because blood is only good for 42 days, the supply must be replenished on a regular basis.
- Donating blood takes less than an hour.
- check for blood pressure, cholesterol and iron levels.